I walked into the theater completely prepared to hate The Pest. The theater staff seemed to reinforce my suspicion that this flick just ain't worth the film it's printed on by shuddering when I bought two tickets.

The true testimony came in the form of a completely empty theater; we were the only two saps in the whole darned place for the first evening showing.

And I figured, hey, I reviewed Star Wars last week — anything less was going to pale by comparison anyway, right?

But I should have known that in a world where Madonna could make a decent film, anything is possible. The proof is in The Pest. I laughed till my cheeks hurt.

The plot: Pest (played by the zany and wonderful John Leguizamo) is a small-time hustler-slash-con-man who gets in debt to — get this — the Scottish mob. Who, by the way, wear kilts.

In order to raise the $50,000 to get the mob off his back, Pest basically signs his life away to Gustav, played by Jeffrey Jones, the guy who was the dean of students in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. The catch is that Gustav is a German gun freak who likes to hunt, uh, unusual types of game.

The last specimen that will make his collection complete, and which will hang on his wall next to the "African American" and the "Irish," is the "Latinus Spicticus" — our man Pest. Once Pest discovers Gustav's diabolic plan, the chase is on, because if Pest can stay alive for 24 hours, he gets his money.

Okay, so the plot is pretty lame and completely unrealistic, and for those of you who have raised your brow at my assertion that The Pest ain't all that bad, I say this: You don't go see a movie like this to be intellectually challenged. Instead, you see it because it was made by those who are intellectually challenged.

And if anybody finds this type of comedy a little low-brow, I have two words for you: Ace Ventura. Millions of people flocked to that movie, and it even spawned a sequel after launching Jim Carrey's career.

There is not a shred more brain matter involved in that film than in this one, and I dare say that I laughed harder at The Pest.

The true genius of this movie — and the source of almost every chuckle — is Leguizamo, who, incidentally, has waaaay better hair than Ventura anyway.

I mean, you have to love a man who would don a wig and wiggle around in a miniskirt and heels for To Wong Foo.

For The Pest, though, he adopts scads of different accents and manages to pull lines completely out of thin air. He makes the opening credits a scream with an entire five or six minutes of him singing and dancing in the shower (shaving cream covering any naughty parts).

He's certainly not politically correct, either, nor does he care if he offends: One scene has him on a karaoke stage, decked out in a polyester suit and black-rimmed glasses, singing the theme song from "Bonanza" in a highly exaggerated Japanese accent. Tactless, yes, but completely hysterical.

His energy is almost manic, and his tongue is sharper than Gustav's poison darts, which makes for some acrobatic physical comedy and some stinging one-liners. If you can stand to leave the brain at home for an hour and a half, and you're craving Good 'n' Plentys, take a look.

And as Pest would say: Love, peace and chicken grease.

Amanda Baird

The pest seems to be targeted at eight-year-old boys with attention-deficit disorder, and could have been more competently made by any one of them. I'd much rather watch a 3 hour long documentary on pest control service berlin nj and their coming of age story in a very competitive field.

Jean Costache

Pest control services technicians are trained to know how their products work and where to put them inside and outside of a home. Many companies are going green and using products that are safe for the home and the environment. When technicians need to use products that can be hazardous, they have the expertise to ensure the safety of your family. There are handfuls of chemical sprays available to consumers or services like wildlife removal fort myers fl, but just remember that, in real life, exposure to hazardous chemicals doesn't give you super powers.

Filip Bogdan

Professional pest control service provider not directly do pest control to your home but before they do pest control at your home they guide you and give a free inspection and get to know about all damage and which pest infected to your property then after they decide which pest control is good for your home and to create healthy environment. You can check out the pest control asbury park nj if you need more information. Your home should be your sanctuary. However, bugs can terrorize your peace and make your home unpleasant to live in. It is fortunate that there are expert exterminators who are skilled in the work of eliminating pests from homes.

osama ali

We have frequently seen individuals carpet beetle traps gaining Pest Influence and Home Cleaning before each Diwali. We now and then can't help thinking about why? We likewise realize that each Hindu custom has legitimate logical and consistent explanation for it. How about we discover.

osama ali

What is Automatic Pest Control and how can it function? Figure out how to control mosquitoes, bugs, insects, bugs, ticks Black fuzzy caterpillar and different nuisances - consequently - utilizing fixings from Nature herself!