Xavier Hutchinson Oklahoma State 2021

Xavier Hutchinson had 12 catches, 125 yards and two touchdowns in the Cyclones' 24-21 win over No.8 Oklahoma State on Oct. 23.

Xavier Hutchinson has only been a Cyclone for two seasons, but his impact has turned him into one of the most productive receivers in Cyclone history.

And he's not done quite yet.

The senior wide receiver announced via Twitter he would be returning for his third season in Ames in 2022, granted by the additional year of eligibility due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Hutchinson, the Big 12 leader in receptions for the second-straight season, is a two-time All-Big 12 First Team selection. He put up 953 receiving yards in 2021, the sixth-best total in ISU history, along with five touchdowns.

After winning Big 12 Offensive Newcomer of the Year in 2020, the Cyclones' No. 1 wideout recorded four 100-yard receiving games and a pair of 10+ reception outings this season. He improved on his breakout 2020 season by hauling in 18 more catches, 182 more yards and one more touchdown than his award-winning 2020 campaign. 

Hutchinson, a Jacksonville, Fla., native has led the Cyclones in receptions and receiving yards for consecutive seasons. He has 1,724 career receiving yards, nine touchdowns and averaged 11.8 per catch in his two seasons in Ames.

After losing Tarique Milton and Joe Scates to the transfer portal, Hutchinson looks to be the Cyclones' No. 1 target once again in 2022.