David Carr Big 12 championship

Iowa State's David Carr wrestles against Oklahoma State's Wyatt Sheets in their 157 pound championship match on March 8 at the Big 12 Championships inside the Bank of Oklahoma Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

The Iowa State wrestling program's dual with West Virginia has been canceled "in accordance with the Big 12 Conference's match interruption guidelines due to Covid-19 protocol in the Cyclone program," according to an Iowa State press release published on Thursday. 

The dual was scheduled for Friday in Morgantown, West Virginia, at 7:30 p.m, ending the regular season for both teams.

According to the press release, this dual will not be made up, thus Iowa State ends the regular season 9-3, 4-1 in Big 12 duals and ranked No. 13 in the country (NWCA Coaches Poll). West Virginia ends its regular season 7-3 overall and 3-2 in Big 12 competition.

Iowa State's next scheduled event is the 2021 Big 12 Championships at the BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on March 6-7, followed by the 2021 NCAA Championships in St. Louis, Missouri, on March 18-20.

This article will be updated as more information becomes available.