cyhawk wrestling

Sophomore Chase Straw wrestling a Hawkeye opponent during the CyHawk dual meet on Feb. 18 at the Hilton Coliseum. 

After a 35-6 shallacking in Hilton Coliseum last season, the Cyclones closed the gap on Saturday at Carver Hawkeye Arena.

Iowa State failed to pull the upset, and the Hawkeyes won, 19-18.

The action kicked off at 141. Iowa State’s Ian Parker secured two late points on a scramble and negated a potential riding time point from Max Murin, winning 5-4.

A pair of NCAA Qualifiers met at 149. Jarrett Degen needed a tie breaker, but the Cyclone racked up an escape and takedown to win 7-4 over Pat Lugo.

The Hawkeyes got on the board at 157 with an 8-3 decision from Kaleb Young over Chase Straw.

Alex Marinelli followed with a second period pin over Brady Jennings to give Iowa a 9-6 lead. In the final match before intermission, Iowa’s Myles Wilson used an injury default against Marcus Coleman, handing Iowa State a 12-9 lead.

Out of intermission, 184-pounder Sam Colbray squeaked out a late takedown to knock off Iowa’s Cash Wilcke. The Cyclone lead extended to 15-9.

At 197, Iowa received a much-needed win from Jacob Warner over Willie Miklus. The match appeared to be Miklus’, but Warner managed a last-second reversal to win 5-4. With three matches left, Iowa State clinged to a 15-12 lead.

In the heavyweight match, No. 1 Sam Stoll entered to a roaring crowd to face Gannon Gremmel. Stoll won a 5-1 decision to tied it at 15.

No. 1 125-pounder Spencer Lee defeated Iowa State's Alex Mackall to give Iowa a 19-15 lead.

To cap off the dual, Austin Gomez picked up a 14-9 win, nearly pinning Austin DeSanto for the win, but DeSanto escaped.

huong mai

Thanks to your sharing, I can enrich my knowledge.I get good feelings everytime I read your posts. Thank you for the wonderful sharing. They are useful pieces of advice.
BOMB IT 6 Hobo 4: Total War Hot Sexy Girl Darts