Bill Fennelly Big 12 tournament 2021

Iowa State Head Coach Bill Fennelly talks to his team during the game against Texas in the opening round of the Phillips 66 Big 12 Women's Basketball Championship on March 12 at the Municipal Auditorium in Kansas City, Missouri.

Bill Fennelly, head coach of the Iowa State women's basketball team, has reached an agreement to add two more years to his contract. The terms of the deal are currently unknown, but it extends Fennelly's deal through the 2026-27 season.

Athletics Director Jamie Pollard expressed his excitement after having dinner with Fennelly on Tuesday.

"During those discussions, we mutually agreed to extend his contract through 2027 in order to send a clear message to recruits, student-athletes, his staff and our fans that Coach Fennelly will continue leading our women's basketball program for the foreseeable future."

Iowa State finished the 2020-21 season at 17-11 (12-6 in Big 12 play).

The Cyclones earned a seven seed in the NCAA Tournament and advanced to the round of 32 after defeating 10-seeded Michigan State 79-75. The team went on to lose in an overtime thriller against second-seeded Texas A&M.

Bill Fennelly also hit 700 career wins last season, finishing the season with 706. Next season will be the 27th for Fennelly as a Cyclone.