Volleyball-Texas.jpg

Outside hitter Josie Herbst goes for the spike against Texas on Oct. 24 at Hilton Coliseum. The Cyclones lost 3-0 to Texas. 

No. 8 Texas took down Iowa State in three sets on Wednesday night at Hilton Coliseum.

Prior to the game, Iowa State had accumulated a three-game win streak, including a win on the road against then-No. 22 Kansas in straight sets.

Kansas is the only team to have beaten Texas in Big 12 play thus far this season.

Texas took the sets 25-19, 25-19 and 25-14.

Texas held Iowa State to a .129 hitting percentage, and Texas had eight blocks against the Cyclones.

On the attack, the Longhorns had a hitting percentage of .364.

The Cyclones had 18 total errors to Texas' seven.

The Longhorns' Micaya White — the preseason Big 12 Player of the Year — and Logan Eggleston were tied for the game high in kills with 12.

White had a .286 hitting percentage and Eggleston hit .458.

Iowa State's player with the most kills was Jess Schaben, who had 10 and a .167 hitting percentage.

No player on Iowa State had a hitting percentage above .200.

With the win, Texas jumps to 13-4 overall and 8-1 in the Big 12.

Iowa State is now 11-11 overall and 4-5 in the Big 12.

mark johnson

Hi, I have perused a large portion of your posts. This post is likely where I got the most valuable data for my exploration. A debt of gratitude is in order for posting, perhaps we can see more on this. Are you mindful of whatever other sites on this subject. https://moving12.wixsite.com/moving