ISU vs ILSU 2

Then-sophomores Martha Haas (near) and Lehr Thorson (back) swim the 100-yard breaststroke. Iowa State University women's swimming and diving team competed against Illinois State University on Jan. 18 at Beyer Pool. The Cyclones won 191-100.

Iowa State hosted Nebraska for a swimming and diving meet on Oct. 26 at Beyer Hall.

The Iowa State Cyclones swimming and diving team continued its winning ways after an impressive performance against Illinois State University. The Cyclones won 15 of 16 events as the dual meet finished with a final score of 191-100. The Cyclones have now won three dual meets in a row as they are closing in on the end of the season.

Emily Haan, Martha Haas, Evan Hundley and Ellyn Tan kicked off the duel meet winning the 200 medley relay which was followed by sweeps in the 200 and 1,000-free led by Anna Andersen and Haley Ruegemer. The Cyclones have now won their sixth medley relay of the year following the victory. 

Dana Liva started the second half of events winning the three-meter with a score of 294.15. Andersen also finished first in the 100 free with a time of 51.42.

Haan snatched her second victory of the night in the 200 back with a time of 2:03.84. Haas concluded the action with a 200 breaststroke victory which puts the Cyclones at 6-3 on the year heading into the big 12 championship. 

Iowa State faces West Virginia University (3-2) in its next outing on Jan. 26 as the Cyclones will strive to add on to their win streak with the Big 12 Championship steadily approaching.