IMG_1411.jpg

Iowa State Senior Catcher Kaylee Bosworth bats during the Iowa State vs South Dakota softball game held at the Cyclone Sports Complex April 2. The Cyclones had three home run hits and defeated the Coyotes 9-1.

The Cyclones lost to Georgia Tech 3-1 in the first game of the day. Freshman Pitcher Ellie Spelhaug started the game but got off to a rough start by allowing three runs in the span of two innings.

Head Coach Jamie Pinkerton made a switch at pitcher, putting Karlie Charles in for Ellie Spelhaug in the top of third inning.

Once again the Cyclones offense looked good in the first inning, but the offense couldn't get any more runs for the rest of the game.

Softball Kansas_MG_9966.jpg

Iowa State players celebrates after an uncaught third strike. Iowa State vs Kansas game took place on May 3. The Cyclones defeated the Jayhawks 3-2.

The second game, the Cyclones closed out the Yellow Jackets with a 4-3 win in the seventh inning.

IMG_1432.jpg

An Iowa State player waits on second base for a hit during the Iowa State vs. South Dakota softball game held at the Cyclone Sports Complex on April 2. The Cyclones had three home run hits and defeated the Coyotes 9-1.

The Cyclone offense came back to alive with both Sami Williams and Logan Schaben putting one over the fence in the first inning.

The Cyclones scored again in the second inning on an RBI single from Carli Spelhaug.

The Cyclones allowed a three-run home run in the sixth inning, but Ellie Spelhaug closed out Georgia Tech to split the doubleheader.