Nixon and Young

Senior guard Prentiss Nixon pushes up the court with junior forward Solomon Young during Iowa State’s 110-74 victory over the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils on Tuesday at Hilton Coliseum.

Iowa State beat Northern Illinois on Tuesday by a score of 70-52.

The Huskies had an answer for the Cyclones' offense in the first half holding them to only 31 points.

In the first half neither team could get anything going, but Iowa State was out rebounded and out shot in terms of percentage but the Cyclones still kept the Huskies at an arm's length.

The second half was a different story as the Cyclones started the half on a 24-6 run. The Huskies couldn't score for a long run and the Cyclones capitalized to open up the game.

Iowa State's leading scorers were forward Solomon Young with 15, and guard Rasir Bolton with 17.

The Huskies' Eugene German shot 27 shots all by himself but only netted 8 of those leading to an inefficient day.

The Huskies were shut down in every facet in the second half leading to inefficient shooting all around.

Northern Illinois connected on only six shots in the entire half and the Huskies turned the ball over 11 times.

Iowa State's offensive performance left something to be desired as the Cyclones shot 3-25 from three-point range.

The Cyclones didn't get much production from Tyrese Haliburton as the sophomore guard only had four points on 2-9 shooting. He also added six assists and four rebounds.

Iowa State will play again next Tuesday against Southern Mississippi at 7 p.m. in Hilton Coliseum.