Mens Golf Practice - Tank and Keohane

Iowa State men's golf Head Coach Andrew Tank (left) and Assistant Coach Chad Keohane (right) spectate the men's golf practice round at Coldwater Golf Links on April 3.

Iowa State men’s golf finished the Notre Dame Fighting Irish Classic in 13th place after shooting a 286 on Tuesday. The team scored 875 (292-297-286) in the three rounds and shot the best in round three.

As a team, the Cyclones were able to move up one spot in the standings after Tuesday. They finished with 13 birdies, two double-bogeys and one triple-bogey. Round three was their best of the day, shooting just six-over-par and shooting six strokes better than their second best score.

Luke Gutschewski led the way once again for the Cyclones finishing tied for 39th place while shooting 216 (71-76-69). Gutschewski had three birdies and a career-low 69 on Tuesday’s round. Lachlan Barker tied for 47th, after golfing nine-over-par. Ricky Costello had a bounce back meet, shooting 10-over-par.

He shot four strokes better than his last meet, golfing as an individual this week. Frank Lindwall shot 12-over-par and had two birdies in round three which tied him for 57th.

Nate Vance and Jake Slocum both tied for 62nd after shooting 14-over-par. Vance had a triple-bogey and double-bogey, while Slocum one double-bogey and three birdies. Vance started Tuesday at seven-over-par before dropping down the standings.

Slocum also dropped in the standings after being at 10-over-par before round three started.

Final team standings: (Par 840)

Washington (-15)

Notre Dame (-12)

Utah (-10)

Kent State (-6)

Michigan State (-2)

Rutgers (+7)

Oregon State (+10)

Mississippi State (+11)

Colorado (+17)

Iowa (+18)

Georgia Southern (+29)

Washington State (+31)

Iowa State (+35)

Boston College (+43)

Iowa State will finish its fall season at the Big 12 Men's Golf Match Play on Oct. 11-13 in Hockley, Texas. The Cyclones went 1-4 last fall in the event and will look to improve.