Katarina Vlahovic Cyclone Open 2020

Then-sophomore Katarina Vlahovic waits before the 60-meter hurdle event Jan. 25, 2020, at the Cyclone Open.

Iowa State had a successful fay one of the Doc Hale Elite Meet.

Early on in the meet, sophomore Katarina Vlahovic earned a top seed if the finals of the the 60-meter hurdles. In the prelims of the event, Vlahovic would match her personal record, set back in 2020, with a time of 8.30.

Then, later on in the night she would beat her own record to earn second place in the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 8.27.

Tatiana Aholou also had solid efforts in both the long jump and 60-meter dash. In the long jump, Aholou would end up with a fourth-place finish with a best jump of 19-9.75. Then, in the 60-meter dash, Aholou would end with a time of 7.61 and earn another fourth-place finish.

Finally, two other runners for Iowa State would end the night with new personal records. 

Sophomore Erika Furbeck would set a new record in the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 7.77 and junior Laurel Hoogensen would earn a new personal best in the 800-meter dash with a time of 2:16.58.