golf4.jpg

Junior Nick Voke practices his putting on the team's new putting green. The Iowa State golf team practiced on October 7th, 2015 at their new course.

Iowa State men’s golf is back in South Carolina for another great couple days of play. The Hootie at Bulls Bay hosts many programs from the ACC and SEC conferences.

The Cyclones come into this tournament fresh off of a first-place finish at the Colleton River Collegiate. With that being said, Iowa State will have to take down South Carolina, a team who has won the last three titles at Hootie at Bulls Bay. Currently, South Carolina is ranked 37th, but with teams like Auburn, Kent State and North Carolina State, a fourth-straight title may fall short.

Iowa State has great momentum coming off of the last tournament, and now has an opportunity to showcase their experience playing ranked teams.

Three Cyclones placed in the top-10 in Bluffton, South Carolina earlier this month. Lachlan Barker led the way tied for fourth place. Sam Vincent scored a 219 to take seventh and shortly behind him was Frank Lindwall who tied for eighth place shooting 224.

It is usually sophomore Tripp Kinney or redshirt senior Denzel Ieremia leading the Cyclones, however more underclassmen have been stepping up lately. This makes Iowa State seem more unpredictable, but also shows anyone can step up.

The Big 12 conference tournament is but a month away, making this tournament all the more important in terms of preparation. The Hootie at Bulls Bay begins this Sunday.