George Conditt Baylor 2020

George Conditt IV defends the basket against Baylor on Jan. 2 at Hilton Coliseum.

Iowa State men’s basketball will take on Xavier at the NIT Season Tip-Off, which is played at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. The game is scheduled for 6 p.m. Central Standard Time on Nov. 24 on ESPNU. 

Iowa State, Xavier, Memphis and Virginia Tech are the teams included in the tournament. If the Cyclones lose, they will play in the third-place game at 6 p.m. Central Standard Time, and if they win, they will play in the championship game that will follow. The third place and championship games will be played Nov. 26 on ESPN2.

Iowa State and Xavier have played twice in their schools’ history. The home team won each matchup during the two games. The Cyclones won the first meeting in 2003, but the Musketeers in 2005 answered back.

This early season tournament is filled with tons of talent. Besides Iowa State players, some players to watch for include Josh Minott (Memphis), Johnathan Lawson (Memphis), Cesare Edwards (Xavier), Sam Ayomide (Memphis) and Storm Murphy (Virginia Tech).

The first game of the season for Iowa State is Nov. 9 against Kennesaw State.