Taglao Jeeravivitaporn 2021

Iowa State junior Taglao Jeeravivitaporn hits a practice shot at the Cyclone Golf Performance Center ahead of the 2021 season. (Photo courtesy of Iowa State Athletic Communications)

Iowa State women’s golf finished up the Windy City Collegiate Tuesday with a score of 309 (+21).

The team score of +51 through three rounds landed the Cyclones finishing in 10th place of 15 teams. After shooting 295 in the second round, Iowa State positioned themselves well to make a run for the final round.

Seemingly, the theme all year for the Cyclones, they sandwiched their stellar second round score with two sub par rounds. Only two other teams shot a worse score than ISU Tuesday.

With low scores all around the course Tuesday, Taglao Jeeravivitaporn stayed in fourth place despite shooting +2 for an overall +1. Iowa State’s Warda Amira Rawof shot +2 as well, finishing tied-for-12th at +7.

Liyana Durisic bounced back from a below-average first round by shooting 71 and 75. Durisic’s score of +10 resulted in a tie for 22nd. Charley Jacobs’ 85 dropped her to a 77th place finish (+32) and June Song finished just behind her in a tie for 80th.

After leading for a majority of the tournament, Texas’ Bohyun Park fell back into a third-place finish after shooting +1. Stanford’s Rose Zhang won the tournament at -4.

Returning to the team leaderboard, preseason favorite Stanford won the Windy City Collegiate at +14. Virginia (+22) and Florida (+26) rounded out the top-three in an impressive field outside of Chicago.

The Iowa State women next travel to California for the Stanford Intercollegiate beginning Oct. 15.