Softball Kansas_MG_9966.jpg

Iowa State players celebrates after an uncaught third strike an Iowa State vs Kansas game that took place on May 3, 2019. The Cyclones defeated the Jayhawks 3-2.

The Iowa State softball team competed in the Doc Halverson UNI Dome Tournament this weekend and won all games that it played. 

The Cyclones are off to a hot start in their 2021 season, finishing 5-0 in the tournament.  

Competing in two games Friday and Saturday and only one on Sunday, winning against teams such as South Dakota State and Omaha.

The last game of the tournament was played against Drake on Sunday, which Iowa State won 10-1. 

Alesia Ranches, second base, and Skyler Ramos, left field, were the first two home in the first inning against Drake. 

Ramos was able to score once again with a single to right field in the second inning and finishing out her time on third base in the sixth inning.

Lea Nelson, center field, was able to steal second base and advance to third to send her teammate Kasey Simpson, pinch hitter, in the seventh inning.

Securing the last score of the game was Nelson in the seventh inning to make the final score 10-1.

The Cyclones will be back in action on Feb. 19 at the FAU “Strikeout Cancer” Tournament in Boca Raton, Florida.