Niang golf outing 2

Former Iowa State men’s basketball player Georges Niang hits a tee shot off of hole number two during his golf outing at Ames Golf and Country on July 29. This is the third time the annual outing has been held. 

Former Iowa State men's basketball player and current Utah Jazz forward Georges Niang has announced that the 2020 Georges Niang Charity Golf Outing is being rescheduled to 2021.

The 2020 Georges Niang Charity Golf Outing was scheduled for Aug. 31. 

Niang made this announcement in a thread of tweets. 

"Given the current realities we recognize this experience for this amazing organization will not reach the full potential this year. As such we are postponing the planned August 31 event and we will reschedule in 2021." Niang tweeted.

Niang also tweeted, "We are thrilled to work alongside this group along with our terrific partners for this event. We hope you join us in supporting, lifting, and encouraging their mission and we will share the next year plans when we have them."

This event was the second that Niang set this summer.

Niang and former Iowa State women's basketball player Lyndsey Fennelly held a basketball camp — the Georges Niang basketball camp — in late July.