Iowa State football team pregame TCU 2021

Iowa State football players huddle together pregame before their game against TCU on Nov. 26.

AMES- The 2021 regular season has just wrapped up, but there's no time like the present to look to the future.

That comes in the form of the Big 12 releasing the 2022 schedule for each Big 12 team. Nothing should come as too much of a surprise, as the schedule will feature a 9-game, round-robin formatted schedule where every team plays every other team.

Iowa State's home Big 12 opponents include: Baylor, Kansas State, Oklahoma, West Virginia and Texas Tech.

Road opponents are as follows: Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma State and TCU.

The Cyclones open the season in Ames against Southeast Missouri State, on Sept. 3. They then travel to Iowa City to take part in the annual Cy-Hawk game against the Iowa Hawkeyes on Sept. 10.

They end their non-conference schedule with a home date against Ohio on Sept. 17.

The first three games of their Big 12 slate include a home game against Baylor, a trip to Kansas to play the Jayhawks and then home again to play the Kansas State Wildcats. Those dates are Sept. 24, Oct. 1 and Oct. 8, respectively.

Iowa State then travels to play in Austin against the Longhorns on Oct. 15, before a two-game homestand against Oklahoma and West Virginia.

On Nov. 12, they have a road date against Oklahoma State and then come back home to take on the Red Raiders of Texas Tech on Nov. 19 in Ames.

They close out the season against the TCU Horned Frogs for the second consecutive year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.