Hockey 1

Junior Dylan Goggin brings the puck up the ice during Iowa State’s 3-2 victory over Robert Morris on Dec. 6 at the Ames Ice Arena.

The No. 24 Cyclones (20-15-3) faced off against the No. 20 Oklahoma Sooners (18-13-0) Saturday night. The Cyclones won by a score of 4-0.

Senior goalie Nikita Kozak recorded his seventh shutout on the season.

Cyclone freshman Matty Moran opened the scoring at 17:39 in the first. Moran located the puck in a scrum at the edge of the crease and snuck it past Sooner goalie Phil Babb. The Cyclones took the 1-0 lead into the first intermission.

At 6:04 in the second, Cyclone senior Dylan Goggin doubled the lead. He circled behind the net and fired a shot from the high slot. The puck found the back of the net after both of the goal’s posts.

Cyclone forward Blake Ramsey increased the lead again a few minutes later with a power play goal at 10:47. Max Kamper’s shot ricocheted off Babb for and went straight to Ramsey for the finish.

The tensions of the first period continued throughout the second, with a lot of hits and extra-curricular activities leading to penalties for each team.

Oklahoma recorded two more penalties in the third period. The Cyclones capitalized on the second one as Kamper scored a power play goal at 17:18 for the final goal of the night.

The Cyclones head to Champaign, Illinois, for the Central States Collegiate Hockey League (CSCHL) on March 6.