Andrew Tank men's golf practice 2021

Iowa State men's golf head coach Andrew Tank watches the team practice at the Coldwater Golf Links on April 3.

A regular season of ups and downs for the Iowa State men's golf team has come to a close at the Thunderbird Collegiate in Phoenix, Arizona.

In the final event before the Big 12 Championship tournament, the Cyclones finished in 14th out of 17 teams. 

The Cyclones entered the Saturday in 12th place, but a score of 294 in the final round pushed the team back to 14th. Iowa State finished with a three-round score of 860 (284-282-294).

All five of the team's golfers finished within five strokes of each other to finish the event.

Leading the way for the team was Lachlan Barker, finishing in a tie for 56th, after finishing with a score of 74 in the final round.

Tripp Kinney finished just a stroke behind Barker after posting a 72 in the final round. This landed Kinney in 64th place at the event.

TCU may be picking up some momentum heading into the conference championships as they won the event by four strokes, finishing with a team score of 818 (274-264-280).

Iowa State will compete next at the Big 12 Championship starting on April 26.

Iowa State Scores

T56. Lachlan Barker- 216 (72-70-74)

T64. Tripp Kinney- 217 (74-71-72)

T69. Ricky Costello- 218 (65-79-74)

T75. Frank Lindwall- 219 (75-67-77)

T80. Nate Vance- 221 (73-74-74)

Steve Schmid

[thumbup] Good Info!!