IMG_1325.jpg

Players clap while the starting lineups are announced before the start of the Iowa State vs. University of South Dakota softball game held at the Cyclone Sports Complex on April 2, 2019. The Cyclones had three home run hits and defeated the Coyotes 9-1.

The Iowa State softball team competed at the UT-Arlington Invitational in Arlington, Texas.

The team went 3-2 in the tournament, suffering two consecutive losses to end the tournament.

Williams continues dominance

Sami Williams was able to hit a solo home run against University of Texas-Arlington, improving her hot streak.

She broke records also over the weekend and is now Iowa State's leader in runs batted in for her career.

Cyclones offense shows off their talent

Milaysia Ochoa had two home runs on the first day of tournament play, having six runs batted in of her own.

Pitcher Karlie Charles was able to hold North Texas' offense scoreless for four innings. She only allowed one run on four hits with three strikeouts in her outing.

Cyclones continuing to improve despite two losses

The Cyclones suffered two consecutive losses to Missouri State, 3-1 and Wichita State 3-1. Despite the two losses, the team still is making improvements to its pitching.

The team was able to hold each opponent to only three points in each game at the tournament.