GameDay at Cy-Hawk 23.jpg

The ESPN College GameDay set Sept. 14, 2019 at Iowa State.

The Iowa Corn CyHawk Series is getting an even bigger national stage.

ESPN's flagship college football program ''College Gameday" is returning to Ames after hosting the event just two years ago. GameDay came to Ames for the CyHawk game in 2019, with the Cyclones dropping the rivalry on a late muffed punt. 

“It is a tremendous privilege to host GameDay twice in three years and a testament to the incredible job Matt Campbell, his staff and student-athletes are doing on and off the football field,” Iowa State Director of Athletics Jamie Pollard said in a statement. “This will be a tremendous opportunity to showcase Iowa State University, our football program and fans to a national audience. I am confident that our fans will again show out for this special event, just as they did two years ago.”

Iowa State is one of five on-campus sites that have hosted "College GameDay" twice since 2019, joining Georgia, Clemson, Penn State and Minnesota.

ESPN’s College GameDay, the network’s signature college football pregame show, begins at 8 a.m. (Central) on ESPN.

According to a release from Iowa State Athletics, the set will again be located South of MidAmerican Energy Field at Jack Trice Stadium in the grassy area between the Sukup End Zone Club and Reiman Gardens.

The game will be broadcast on ABC next Saturday at 3:30 p.m.