Pres Leath Address 007.jpg

University President Steven Leath gives his annual address within the Great Hall of the Memorial Union on Sep. 14.

Iowa State President Steven Leath took a turn in his view on Big 12 expansion in a meeting with Iowa State Daily editors Friday morning, saying he felt it was "less likely." 

Leath added he won't know the chances for expansion until the Big 12 Board of Directors convene Oct. 17, but he felt they were "smaller." 

"There’s obviously some very different opinions among different schools," Leath said. "I think when we get into a room [later in October] and talk about it, we’ll figure it out. To answer your question, I think the chances we expand are a little smaller than it was before."

Leath's comments Friday are noticeably different from his comments in August when he said his "expectation" was that expansion was likely.

“I think we’ll get there and I think you’ll see a probably different Big 12 in the somewhat near future,” Leath said in August.

There has been a recent turn in the chatter around the conference's willingness to expand.

Oklahoma president David Boren said to ESPN in September it was "not a sure thing" that the Big 12 would add schools. Leath echoed that statement Friday, saying Oklahoma "has indicated less of a willingness to expand."

The Big 12 Board of Directors are reportedly set to meet on Oct. 17.

Paul Poyfair

Advise for the bottom dwellers from ISU... Y'all better hope the Conference votes to expand or you will probably be on the outside looking in in a few years time. Revenues will drop to 15% ro 20% of current levels and Alumni will be looking back on ISU's lack of enthusiasm for expansion and blame it on the School's administration and their student government all the while shaking their heads and wondering why they let this happen.

Robin jack

We are preofessional SEO Worker, We have professional Team for Providing SEO services like : Link Building,Social book Marking and Video Submission etc. If you need any of these services please contact us : just visit my link High DA PA Backlinks

linker seo

This is very good article very good website for information sources for doing a good worki visited you your sites for getting good information i like your style for way of working relyable work. internet marketing services pricing

naeem khatri

With so many books and articles coming up to give gateway to make-money-online field and confusing reader even more on the actual way of earning money, voyance telephone

linker seo

I am a new user of this site so here i saw multiple articles and posts posted by this site,I curious more interest in some of them hope you will give more information on this topics in your next articles.here are some findings

Robin jack

Incredible articles and extraordinary format. Your blog entry merits the greater part of the positive criticism it's been getting. polka dot bow tie

linker seo

How to Apply for Financial Aid Online Masters Degree

jaden smith

Data Analytic Experts In Big Demand
Course of Study

muneer ahmed

Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. There tend to be not many people who can certainly write not so simple posts that artistically. Continue the nice writing dpm

linker seo

Many thanks for sharing this very diverse opinion post where each expert has no doubt shared his best knowledge on the topic. Have more success in your journey. End of Lease Cleaning

linker seo

Using Big Data to Determine the Success of Your Business.Masters Degree

linker seo

I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.Apple Ipad Air Price in Sri Lanka

jaden smith

Top 10 Online Computer Science Master's Degrees
Course of Study

linker seo

Its an incredible joy perusing your post.Its brimming with data I am searching for and I want to post a remark that "The substance of your post is magnificent" Great work.shanghai research chemicals chemicals

zeebah khan

I just got to this amazing site not long ago. I was actually captured with the piece of resources you have got here. Big thumbs up for making such wonderful blog page! online cake delivery in Bhopal

alex jou

Cherish the way eminently every word is created with real change.Greek luxury villa

alex jou

Quickly drawn by essayist's restrictive method for composing.digital marketing services

alex jou

One of the most appealing and bewitching blog that I read recently.Runescape 3 Tips

alex jou

Perusing something so excellent has a mending power for the spirit.basement finishing

alex jou

Pleasantly surprised to see this meshwork of amazing words.bmw m3 car covers

chang bur

This blog through it words has given a key to proficiency.
http://www.fitnistics.com/natural-techniques-that-can-improve-your-body-wellness/

Jacqueline Stevens

Time is too precious to waste. That’s why people prefer to ready high quality articles. Here you came to the right place to get the information you need. FIFA 18 Coins Buy http://fifa18coinsbuy.angelfire.com/

alex jou

Superlative style of composing that each new blogger tries to have.brian holm lawyer san diego

alex jou

In the wake of perusing this, only one things to state. Out of this world.psl schedule

alex jou

A fundamental hotspot for the group of onlookers that makes the peruser stride by step.
Dewapoker

alex jou

Self confident and stunning in equivalent measures, an absolute necessity read.free tour stockholm