Iowa State Football v. Kansas State University--Jake Knott

No. 20 Jake Knott sacks Kansas State's quarterback Collin Klein in the backfield, forcing the Wildcats to punt Saturday, Oct. 13, at Jack Trice Stadium. After a long battle, the Cyclones fell to the Wildcats 27-21.

ISU senior linebacker and captain Jake Knott will be out for Saturday's game against Baylor with a left shoulder injury, multiple sources told the Daily. 

Knott, the team's leading tackler, was in a sling this week and did not practice, one source said on the basis of anonymity.

Last year against Baylor, Knott sustained a torn labrum — cartilage that enables movement of the shoulder — which received surgery at the beginning of January after the team's loss to Rutgers in the Pinstripe Bowl on Dec. 31, 2011. 

One source said Knott re-injured his left shoulder against Oklahoma State, left the game and then played the rest of the game wearing a shoulder harness.

Knott became Iowa State's sixth all-time leading tackler Saturday against Oklahoma State with his 11-tackle performance. In his career, Knott has made 336 total tackles.

It's unclear whether Knott will miss more than one game.

Tom Kroeschell, associate athletic director in charge of communications, refused to comment. Knott and coach Paul Rhoads could not be reached for comment.