Updated at 5:33 p.m. on Jan. 12

The Iowa State athletics department released a statement that said Adam Urness, Iowa State women's basketball coordinator of player development, has resigned from the women's basketball team.

The email had a statement with just a single quote from Iowa State women’s basketball head coach Bill Fennelly.

It read, “Iowa State Coordinator of Player Development Adam Urness tendered his resignation this afternoon after practice and I have accepted his resignation.”

Original story at 3:34 p.m. on Jan. 11

An Iowa State women's basketball coordinator of player development apologized on Twitter Thursday for direct messages he sent on Twitter to a Clarion-Goldfield-Dows high school basketball player who broke the school's single-game scoring record Tuesday night.

Adam Urness, who has worked for the women's basketball team since October 2016, claimed Rhett Darland, a senior basketball player on the Clarion-Goldfield-Dows High School team, did not break the school record when Darland scored 34 points against Southeast Valley on Tuesday night. 

In Thursday's message, Urness apologized to the Darland family and said he hopes this can be a "learning opportunity" for himself.

Screenshots show Urness direct messaged Darland with a list of players that scored more points than him in Clarion-Goldfield basketball history.

Reese Morris, Darland's brother, told the Iowa State Daily Wednesday that Darland broke the Clarion-Goldfield-Dows record, not the Clarion-Goldfield record that was set before Dows merged with Clarion-Goldfield in 2013.

One of the messages Darland received said, "Says the kid riding around getting pot and lying about records. Your reputation as an individual speaks for itself, trust me, THROUGHOUT the basketball coaching community. You are a disgrace to Clarion-Goldfield basketball."

After the messages circulated on Twitter, Urness' Twitter account wasn't able to be found.

Morris said those comments hit Darland personally because he's never done drugs and is committed to playing basketball at Waldorf University. 

Urness' younger brother, Sam Urness, is a teammate of Darland's on the basketball team, so Morris said he has seen Adam Urness at the basketball games.

Darland said, "I am going to decline speaking with any sort of media about this issue and instead focus on our team and moving forward."

At Iowa State's game against Kansas State on Wednesday night, Urness was on the sidelines as usual.

An Iowa State women's basketball spokesperson told the Daily on Wednesday that women's basketball head coach Bill Fennelly was aware of the situation and it would be handled internally. The team declined to comment further.

Porter Harper

Urness, who had been with Iowa State since October 2016, sent direct messages via Twitter's message center sign Portland OR to Clarion-Goldfield-Dows basketball player Rhett Garland, claiming that Garland didn't set the school record for points in a game, and that “he was on drugs”. Garland's older brother, Reese Morris, said the comments “hurt Darland because he has never done drugs, and has already committed to Waldorf University,”.

jonke jonke

luxy hair ash blonde balayage tape in extensions lace front wigs uk she hair weave color chart dabur vatika hair mask hair wigs human hair factory in qingdao platinum blonde wig