ChrisNelsonCityCouncil.jpg

Chris Nelson, representative of the 4th Ward, attends the Ames City Council meeting Aug. 28, 2018.

Quality of life matters immensely to my wife, Peggy, and me. So, as we sat down following the recent election to finalize our thoughts on who we are supporting for the Ames City Council, we are keeping our support behind Chris Nelson.

Chris’ past work has been instrumental in keeping our community on numerous national lists (i.e., 2018 and 2019 No. 1 Best College Town in America by 24/7 Wall St., 2018 No. 1 Best City for Working Parents by SmartAsset, and 2018 Top 5 Small Metro Areas for Retirees to Age Successfully by Investopedia).

Plus, over the past six years, nearly 7,000 jobs have been created. And through his collaborative style and approach, measurable impact on making housing more affordable and working to build a more welcoming community for everyone, demands we do our part to re-elect Chris to the Council.

We’ve followed Chris’ commitment to our community and its future. We’ve spoken to him, personally.

We also like the fact that he is an Ames native, small business owner and all-around community volunteer.

I know him to be a team player, fair-minded and intentional.

For these and so many other reasons, Chris Nelson has earned our votes.