Trump 11.jpg

President Donald Trump speaking Jan. 30 at Drake University's Knapp Center in Des Moines. Trump discussed the new USMCA trade agreement and hit out at his potential Democratic rivals.

President Donald Trump announced Friday he and first lady Melania Trump have tested positive for COVID-19. 

A couple hours earlier, Trump announced that White House aid, Hope Hicks, had tested positive for COVID-19. 

The president’s physician said to the New York Times that Trump was “‘well’ without saying whether he was experiencing symptoms and added that the president would stay isolated in the White House for now.”

“The president and first lady are both well at this time, and they plan to remain at home within the White House during their convalescence,” the physician, Sean P. Conley, said in a statement to the New York Times. “Rest assured I expect the president to continue carrying out his duties without disruption while recovering, and I will keep you updated on any future developments.”

In May, Vice President Mike Pence’s press secretary, Katie Miller, tested positive for COVID-19, as did a personal valet for Trump, who is responsible for serving the president his meals.