Donald Trump dismissed controversy over a 2005 video of the presidential candidate making lewd comments about women, saying he was "embarrassed" but it was just "locker room talk" during the second presidential debate Sunday night.

Trump and Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton traded personal jabs over if their opponent was fit to be president, including Trump at one point threatening to put Clinton in jail if he is elected.

Trump has lost the endorsement of many Republican leaders, including 2008 Republican nominee John McCain, over the video. Speaker of the House Paul Ryan uninvited him from an event in Wisconsin, while his own running mate, Mike Pence, said he does not condone his remarks and cannot defend them.

"That was locker room talk," Trump said. "I'm not proud of it. I am a person who has great respect for people, for my family, for the people of this country. And certainly I'm not proud of it, but that was something that happened."

Clinton countered Trump's "apology" for the first time since the video surfaced, arguing that Trump is "not fit to be president and commander in chief."

"Well, like everyone else, I spent a lot of time thinking over the last 48 hours about what we heard and saw," Clinton said. "And he has said that the video doesn't represent who he is. But I think it's clear to anyone who heard it that it represents exactly what he is."

The second presidential debate was held at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, and was moderated by CNN's Anderson Cooper and ABC's Martha Raddatz. 

The debate was set up town hall style, which allowed for the moderators and a selected number of individuals to ask the candidates questions. 

The questions covered topics from foreign policy to Clinton's emails, including the most recent WikiLeaks regarding Clinton and her relationship with Wall Street and her speeches, tax plans, health care and ISIS.

As the debate began, particularly with the candidates skipping the customary hand shake, Clinton and Trump squared off in what became a night of interruptions and anger, where the two once again focused more on each other than policy.

Brushing off the allegations of sexual assault that Trump faced after the 2005 lewd video, he targeted the argument toward Clinton's husband, Bill Clinton, who has also been at the center of allegations of sexual assault.

"If you look at Bill Clinton, far worse, mine are words, his was action. This is what he has done to women," Trump said. "There’s never been anybody in the history of politics in this nation that's been so abusive to women, so you can say any way you want to say it, but Bill Clinton was abusive to women."

The first question: Behavior

The debate began with a question from one of the voters, asking if the candidates feel they are modeling opposite and positive behavior for today's youth.

Clinton said she feels there are concerns about some things that have been said and done during the campaign and that she believes it is "very important for us to make clear to our children that our country really is great because we're good."

Trump in his answer said that he agrees with everything Clinton said, and then further directed his response to his feelings toward trade, the Iran Deal and the Affordable Care Act, shifting away from the question. 

Hillary Clinton's emails

Raddatz introduced Clinton's emails into the debate during the second or third question, saying that Clinton has called her handling of the emails a mistake and asking if she feels it was extremely careless.

Clinton angled the question in her direction, giving her practiced response.

"I'll repeat it because I want everyone to hear it," she said. "That was a mistake and I take responsibility. For using a personal email account. Obviously, if I were to do it over again, I would not. I'm not making any excuses. It was a mistake."

This was not enough for Trump, however, who said, "You think it was fine? I don't think so. She said that 33,000 emails had to do with her daughter's wedding, No. 1, and a yoga class."

The state of health care

Asking what the candidates will do to bring the cost of health down and make coverage better, Clinton said four things she feels are good about the Affordable Care Act, or "Obamacare": Insurance companies can't deny coverage because of a preexisting condition, no lifetime limits, women won't be charged more than men, and if you're under 26, you can remain on your parents' policies.

Trump, however, made it clear he is still vehemently opposed to the program and said he will appeal it, calling it as a disaster and saying it "will never work."

"You're going to have plans that are so good because we're going to have some competition. Once we break out the lines and allow the competition to come."

Islamophobia in the United States

One voter asked the candidates how they would help Muslims deal with the consequences of being a threat to the country after the election is over, especially with Islamophobia on the rise. 

"You're right about Islamophobia, and that's a shame," Trump said. "One thing we have to do is we have to make sure that because there is a problem, whether we like it or not — and we could be very politically correct, but whether we like it or not, there is a problem and we have to be sure that Muslims come in and report when they see something going on."

Trump also referred back to a common stance on Muslims, saying "radical Islamic terror" does exist and taking several hits at Clinton for never uttering the phrase. 

Clinton took a different approach to the question, saying she wants a country where all citizens, especially Muslims, are welcome just as everyone else.

Trump, who had been baited by the moderators and Clinton on several instances, also referenced his thoughts on a stance he had relied on quite heavily during his campaign earlier this year: A ban on Muslims.

"The Muslim ban is something that in some form has morphed into an extreme vetting," Trump said.

On Syria and Aleppo

One of the more heavier parts of the debate was when Trump and Clinton debated Syria and Aleppo, particularly when Trump was asked on whether the United States should be prepared to use military force to strike the military targets of the Assad regime. 

Trump, in answering his question, revealed that he and running mate Pence do not agree on what to do and that they "haven't spoken."

Trump continued that he believes "we have to get ISIS. We have to worry about ISIS before we can get too much more involved."

Clinton also weighed in, saying, "I would not use American ground forces in Syria. I think that would be a very serious mistake. I don't think American troops should be holding territory, which is what they would have to do as an occupying force. I don't think that is a smart strategy."

The two also debated topics such as Trump's tax returns, American minorities and the Supreme Court Justice seats that are and could become available going into the next four years.

A "positive thing"

The two ended on civil notes after a voter asked the two to name one positive thing about each other:

"I respect his children," Clinton said. "His children are incredibly able and devoted, and I think that says a lot about Donald. I don't agree with nearly anything else he says or does, but I do respect that, and I think that is something that as a mother and her grandmother, is very important to me."

"I will say this about Hillary: she doesn't quit," Trump said. "She doesn't give up. I respect that. I tell it like it is. She is a fighter. I disagree with much of what she is fighting for. I do disagree with her judgment in many cases, but she does fight hard and she doesn't quit and she doesn't give up and I consider that to be a very good trait."

The next presidential debate will take place Oct. 19 at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Chris Wallace of Fox News will moderate the third debate.

Robin jack

Pleasant Informative Blog having decent sharing.. http://locationsnearmenow.net/walmart-near-me/

Robin jack

This article gives the light in which we can watch the truth. This is exceptionally pleasant one and gives indepth data. A debt of gratitude is in order for this pleasant article. cmple.com

Robin jack

You make such a large number of extraordinary focuses here that I read your article two or three times. Your perspectives are as per my own generally. This is extraordinary substance for your perusers. look at this site

Robin jack

Wow what a Great Information about World Day its extremely pleasant instructive post. a debt of gratitude is in order for the post. roblox online generator

link builder

We are preofessional SEO Worker, We have professional Team for Providing SEO services like : Link Building,Social book Marking and Video Submission etc. If you need any of these services please contact us : just visit my link DA PA Backlinks

Robin jack

"Boredom is a killer—which is why a cure for boredom can be a lifesaver.

The truth is, portable Bluetooth speakers have been the handheld solution to elevate the moment, whether at the beach, the middle of a party, or a lazy afternoon at home for years now—and your brand can get in on that excitement.

Right now—with C2BPromo.com, you can put you logo on a wide array of Promotional Bluetooth Speakers, in all different shapes and sizes, from waterproof to resilient wood—with models coming in at 6-7 dollars all the way up to high-end luxury designs. Multiple surfaces on almost every customized Bluetooth speaker can showcase your logo—so no matter which way it’s turned, your name is always center staged." Branded Bluetooth Speaker