gloria steinem

Gloria Steinem, famous feminist icon, said that she wasn't all that surprised by one of the more recent controversies surrounding the Trump campaign and Donald Trump himself. 

"Well those of us who live in New York and know Donald Trump by reputation were less surprised than people in the rest of the country," Steinem said in an interview with the Iowa State Daily on Wednesday. "I mean he is neither a successful businessman nor a person who treats anybody equally, not just women. So it may have come as more of a shock to other folks than New Yorkers." 

Steinem's remarks were in regard to the lewd comments Trump made in 2005 while on a hot microphone in reference to women, essentially saying that “when you’re a star, they let you do it [kiss, grope women.]"

Trump brushed the comments made as "locker room banter" and issued an apology shortly after the video was released by the Washington Post.

Steinem said Trump's comments, or anyone's comments to that extent, and particularly his excuse "is not an acceptable excuse for anybody."

"Well, you know, I'm shocked by anybody saying those things, but it's not surprising coming from him," Steinem said.   

Steinem was at Iowa State on Tuesday evening for a lecture regarding her "Life on the Road." Steinem then took the oppurtunity on Wednesday to campaign in Johnston, Iowa, at a private residence to encourage Iowans to vote early.

"I was speaking to a group of volunteers who have been working very hard on this election," Steinem said. "There were maybe 60 people there, I don't know, in the house. Very devoted, very hardworking, very public spirited. So, I was really there to say thank you."

Steinem shared during her interview that she supports Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton "because she may be the most experienced candidate we've ever had," noting that she believes from the beginning of her career, Clinton has constantly supported issues of equality, the civil rights movement, children's rights and "becoming evermore global."

"I think that she brings into foreign policy the very important understanding that violence against females is the single biggest indicator of whether a country or a group is violent in other ways," Steinem said. 

The 82-year-old said that when it comes to Clinton and President Barack Obama, she believes the two feel the same on all of the important issues and are "both good people with good hearts and good minds."

"People would say to me, 'Who are you supporting, Clinton or Obama?' And I would say 'yes,'" Steinem said. 

Ultimately, four years ago, Steinem voted for Clinton because she felt that Clinton was more experienced but said, "we need eight years of both, and I don't care in which order.

"And I still feel that way."

Circling back to her views on Trump, Steinem referred to the GOP candidate as the first "media candidate" who has been saying that he will be running for president for at least the past decade.

"I don't know, he may be running for pope soon," Steinem joked. 

lia ever

I think that beating procrastination is your first and main step towards becoming successful. Talking about procrastination, I've been struggling with mine for the last 10 years and read countless books and self help methods. Here is what I'm having best results with. First of all, procrastination bulldozer method has worked wonders for me. I highly recommend you apply it. Secondly, whenever you have a task that takes less than 5 minutes to do, do it right away. No delays. I'm really starting to take control of my life now.

link builder

We are preofessional SEO Worker, We have professional Team for Providing SEO services like : Link Building,Social book Marking and Video Submission etc. If you need any of these services please contact us : just visit my link DA PA Backlinks