Thielen (Updated 9/28/20)

Thielen Student Health Center.

Iowa State has reported a total of 89 positive COVID-19 cases for the 10th week of classes, another increase from prior weeks. 

This increase comes when COVID-19 numbers across the state are also rising. 

The weekly positivity rate was reported to be 5.18 percent, which is a decrease from the week prior but still above the cumulative positivity rate for the semester, which is 3.6 percent. 

There have been 542 cases of COVID-19 on campus this semester and 2,661 total cases this school year. 

Five of the new cases are staff members and 84 of the new cases are students, no faculty members reported a new positive case. 

There are 112 individuals actively in isolation and 217 individuals have been in quarantine over the last two weeks. Nine on-campus isolation rooms and eight on-campus quarantine rooms are currently in use. 

No COVID-19-related hospitalizations have been reported since Jan. 1. 

In the weekly report, Iowa State also announced that the university expects to receive an allotment of the COVID-19 vaccine and is planning to hold a mass vaccination clinic before the end of the semester. 

COVID-19 results will continue to be updated on the COVID-19 dashboard. 

Noah Kopischke

Nice to see that we still have 0 hospitalizations.