Editor's note: This story has been updated to clarify The Carrie Chapman Catt Center for Women and Politics is a co-sponsor of events.

Several Iowa State groups and Ames organizations are reaching out and encouraging students to get out and register to vote on National Voter Registration Day this Tuesday and the weeks leading up to the election.

While Iowa allows for same-day registration on Election Day, voters can skip the line and be more prepared to vote ahead of time by pre-registering through the countless opportunities available on campus.

Abhijit Patwa, senior in mechanical engineering, and Aimee Rodin, sophomore in mathematics, are both senators on Student Government, who are aiming to get students excited and ready to vote, with a focus on bi-partisan ways. Encouraging all students to vote, no matter their political opinions, is very important to the group.

The Carrie Chapman Catt Center for Women and Politics at Iowa State has co-sponsered all of the events and has been working to encourage participation in the November election.

Student Government will set up four locations that students can register at on campus on Voter Registration Day. These locations include: Parks Library, Union Drive Community Center, Seasons Marketplace and the Memorial Union. Representatives will be there from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

The Story Country Auditor will also be on campus leading up to the election. Tools to register to vote and absentee ballots will be available to pick up near the Memorial Union during this time.

On Thursday, Sept. 29, the Rock the Vote Foundation will also have a bus stationed on campus from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. equipped with information and registration materials.

For those in the Greek community, the Ames League of Women’s Voters will also be going around to chapters during house meetings with information and registration materials.

With presidential debates also starting, debate watch parties are also being held, including one in the Great Hall of the Memorial Union on Monday night and another watch party scheduled for Sunday, Oct. 9 in Friley. Food will be provided, and all are welcome to come and watch.

“People think that their votes don’t count because they’re set in their points of view,” Rodin said. “… those who are wishy-washy need to be educated.”

Pawta added, “The amount of issues decided by [these] leaders directly affect college students. Most people don’t realize that [these] leaders will change their life.”

Student Government has also invested in a tool that makes it simple for students to register online and to also get text and email alerts throughout the coming months called TurboVote.

Students can access TurboVote at https://iastate.turbovote.org where they can register, access an absentee ballot, get information about key dates and elections, such as early voting, and where to cast your vote on Election Day 2016.