Ames PD Investigation Photo 1

Ames Police Department Officers were called at 11 p.m. to Lynn Avenue on a report of shots fired. No injuries were reported, and the Ames Police Department will continue to investigate this incident.

Ames Police Department have arrested a suspect connected to the reports of shots fired near Campustown, Thursday. 

Ames Police officers have arrested Tyrae Manns, 21,  2:36 p.m. at an apartment building on the 3300 block of Grand Avenue after a short standoff, according to the news release. 

Officers were called 11 p.m. Saturday, to the 300 block of Lynn Avenue on a report of shots fired. Shell casings were found on the roadway and bullet holes in the building when officers arrived, according to a news release. 

No injuries were reported. 

Manns is charged with robbery in the 1st degree, a class “b” felony, intimidation with a dangerous weapon, a class “c” felony, and domination and control of a firearm by a felon, a class “d” felony . 

The Ames Police Department is still investigating this issue. 

Anyone who has information related to this incident is encouraged to contact the Ames Police Department at 239-5133 or the anonymous tip line at 239-5533. Community members can text “PCCS” with information about the incident to 274637 (CRIMES). 

Community members may also contact Crime Stoppers of Central Iowa at 223-1400 and submit an anonymous tip to its website