Ames City Council stock

Ames City Council discussed ordinances regarding massage establishments as well as options to change the name of Squaw Creek at their meeting on Nov. 26.

Ames City Council will discuss the passage of a zoning code amendment and a massage establishment regulating ordinance at its meeting Tuesday.

Previously, there was a discrepancy in parking standards during the review of the rental code and vacation lodging ordinance, specifically stacked parking by a single-family home, according to the Council Action.

The amendment provides parking requirements in the rental code and the zoning ordinance of the Ames municipal code, where all the regulations, city laws and codes can be found.

Now, the Council is looking at the second passage of the amendment, after the Council unanimously voted in favor of the first passage last week.

Additionally, an ordinance regulating massage establishments will be up for its third, and final, passage by the Council.

The ordinance was drafted in order to prevent human trafficking and would require managers of the businesses to be Iowa residents, designated in writing, given the responsibility to provide information and be compliant.

The practitioners cannot provide massage services between midnight and 5 a.m. and are required to provide photo identification and licenses in plain sight.  

The council unanimously voted in favor of the second passage during last Tuesday's meeting.

The City Council meeting will take place 6 p.m. Tuesday in the Council Chambers at City Hall.

aikenc aikenc

This product characteristics an excellent style that differs from your competition benet bene, it fits firmly and it also secures the pistol well, it provides outstanding comfort