Dan Levy

Dan Levy will virtually appear at the third ISU AfterDark event of the semester.

The third and final ISU AfterDark event of the semester will take place this Friday both virtually and in-person.

This Friday’s guest speaker will be Dan Levy, co-creator and star of the Emmy-award winning show “Schitt’s Creek.” A student host will lead the conversation with Levy about anything ranging from his personal to his work life. 

Levy, while best known for “Schitt’s Creek,” has other acting, writing and producing credits to his name. Levy had a hand in 2020’s “Happiest Season,” an episode of “Modern Family” and the 2012 film “Cyberstalker.

“Schitt’s Creek” was a Pop TV show that debuted in 2015 and aired its series finale in 2020. The show went out with a bang by sweeping at the 2020 Emmy’s. “Schitt’s Creek” was nominated in 9 categories, ranging from best Leading Actor to overall Outstanding Comedy Series, and won in 6 of them.

The interview with Levy will be streamed on a Zoom call that viewers must sign up ahead of time to watch. The livestream will also be played in the Great Hall at the Memorial Union for those who want to experience the other activities at the MU. The interview with Levy will begin at 9p.m.

In-person activities at the MU will include Bingo, a Workspace Craft making felt llamas, CyBowl, billiards, create-a-critter and a headphone disco.

Cyclones Care guidelines regarding COVID-19 will be required at all in-person events on campus. ISU AfterDark is free to all ISU students and their guests.