Top 10 most expensive homes around the world

source: http://img.weburbanist.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Montage-.gif

At the end of 2014, Time ran an article detailing out the world’s 10 most expensive houses. Here they are, here’s what they’re about and here’s who owns them:

7 Upper Phillimore Gardens

Location: London

Value: 128 million dollars

Owner: Olena Pinchuk

Pinchuk is the daughter of Leonid Kuchma, Ukraine’s second president. She’s also known for being the founder of the ANTIADS Foundation and for being a friend of Elton John.

This mansion, formerly a 10-bedroom prep school, features an underground swimming pool, sauna, gym, theatre and panic room.

Kensington Palace Gardens

Location: London

Value: 140 million dollars

Owner: Roman Abramovich

Abramovich is a Russian billionaire and the owner of a private investment firm, Millhouse LLC. He also owns the English Premier League’s Chelsea Football Club.

This palace is located on London’s “Billionares Row,” and features an underground extension with a tennis court, health center and auto museum.

Seven The Pinnacle

Location: Big Sky, Montana

Value: 155 million dollars

Owner: Edra and Tim Blixseth

Tim Blixseth is a real estate developer timber baron. He also cofounded the private ski and golf community for the super-rich, the Yellowstone Club, of which this property is the largest.

His place includes heated floors, multiple pools, a gym, wine cellar and a private ski lift.

Hearst Castle

Location: San Simeon, California

Value: 191 million dollars

Owner: William Randolph Hearst’s trustees

The Hearst Castle is now a heritage and tourist site, and the Castle is part of the California Park System.

This 27-bedroom caste has been used in the movie The Godfatherand has hosted famous figures, including John and Jackie Kennedy, Winston Churchill and others.

Ellison Estate

Location: Woodside, California

Value: 200 million dollars

Owner: Larry Ellison

Ellison cofounded Oracle and Forbes’s third-richest man in the world in 2013.

The place features 23 acres that hold 10 buildings, a lake, koi pond, tea house and bath house.

18-19 Kensington Palace Gardens

Location: London

Value: 222 million dollars

Owner: Lakshmi Mittal

Mittal is one of Forbes’s 100 richest men in India, and he’s the head of the world’s largest steel manufacturer, Arcelor Mittal.

The property is also on “Billionares Row,” and it sits along the home of Prince William and Kate. It has 12 bedrooms, Turkish baths, an indoor pools and parking available for 20 cars.

Four Fairfield Pond

Location: Sagaponack, New York

Value: 248.5 million dollars

Owner: Ira Rennert

Rennert is the owner of Renco Group, a holding group.

The property sits on 63 acres, features a 29-bedroom home and has its own power plant. Inside the home, there are 39 bathrooms, a basketball court, bowling alley, squash courts, tennis courts, three swimming pools and a 91-foot-long dining room.

Villa Leopolda

Location: Cote D’Azure, France

Value: 750 million dollars

Owner: Lily Safra

Safra is the widow of Lebanese banker William Safra and is herself a Brazilian philanthropist. Allegedly her deceased husband perished in a house fire, possibly by arson.

This estate encompasses 50 acres, featuring an outdoor kitchen, helipad, large green house, swimming pool and pool house.

Antilia

Location: Mumbai, India

Value: one billion dollars

Owner: Mukesh Ambani

Ambani is India’s richest man, toting a net worth of 23.6 billion dollars. He made his fortune running an energy and materials company, Reliance Industries.

The property is basically a 27-story apartment building, featuring 400,000 square feat of building space. There are six underground parking floors, three helicopter pads and requires a staff of 600 people to maintain it.

Buckingham Palace

Location: London

Value: 1.55 billion dollars

Owner: The British Sovereign, currently Queen Elizabeth II

The property is technically a house, and it holds 775 rooms, which include 19 state rooms, 52 bedrooms, 188 staff rooms, 92 offices and 78 bathrooms.

Source: http://time.com/money/3585583/worlds-most-expensive-houses/

John Bowie

All of these houses are simply amazing, each one of these is so costly. One has to admit that the architectural style of all these buildings are quite stunning. However, Westlake is a beautiful place and it has a collection of beautifully designed houses. So if you are planning on buying a house soon then you should search for Westlake homes for sale.

Paul Chau

Wow, it is really amazing to see how stunning and breath-taking a simple house could be transformed into. The price of the houses is really worth the interior design that they have and also the different facility and features that they own. If ever I could afford one, I would definitely buy one because of both the design and amenities.

Thomas Maloney

Can you imagine the amount of space that one would have in a ten million dollar house?! Heck, you could probably hire a couple of people to manage your storage room full of things that regular people wouldn't be able to afford. Reading this makes me very determined to make sure that my business for self storage in Brisbane really makes it for me - I hope that I can buy a big house like this someday somewhere! Perhaps I should seriously start reconsidering my storage prices and see whether that brings me closer to being a millionaire this year or not...

Jean Costache

To determine how much money down you will need, you can start researching the price of homes in your area, check the classifieds in the newspaper and perhaps even view a few if you pass by one that you like. Just realize that the asking price is exactly that. You can negotiate. Take a look at the Kansas City Industrial Real Estate if you need help. But before you negotiate, you need money stashed back for about 20 percent of the price of the house.

Owais Khan

Woodworking - CutTheWood.com Accomplishing DIY projects on your own can give you a great feeling. The bigger the project, the bigger your satisfaction. But where do you start when you're not really experienced? No worries, with good plans, creative ideas and a positive attitude, you too can start easy woodworking projects today. We'll show you exactly how.

Briana Raff

This blog post is sharing the information about 10 most expensive homes around the world. Thanks for sharing this blog page in the best regards to homes. All the homes are well decorated and read more for looking amazing designs. They are very expensive also.