Gabriel Iglesias, also known as "Fluffy", is performing at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 22 at Stephens Auditorium as part of his "Unity Through Laughter" world tour.
Here are Five Fun Facts about Fluffy:
1) Roughly nine out of 10 people call him "Fluffy."
- “I definitely get 'Fluffy’ more than I get ‘Gabriel,’ unless it’s family. For the most part, [Fluffy] is all I get. Ninety percent of the time I get ‘Fluffy,'" Iglesias said. "I’m cool with it. I put it out there, so I’m expecting it now.
2) If Fluffy could have any superpower, he would want "the ability to go back in time, like a rewind feature."
3) Fluffy's biggest pet peeves are when people don't use their blinkers or when people chew with their mouths open.
- “Oh, man ... I can't stand when people don't use their blinkers. I can't stand it,” Iglesias said. “People that don't use their blinkers and people that chew with their mouths open. When I start hearing them [chewing] like, 'Nom nom nom nom nom,' I'm like, 'Ahhhhhhh!' [in a scream of discomfort]."
4) At one point, Fluffy owned more than 700 Hawaiian shirts. He had so many he started giving them away to fans, who can enter a contest to win the prized Hawaiian shirt and a picture of Iglesias wearing the shirt on Twitter.
5) If Fluffy was not a comedian, he would have most likely become an elementary teacher in California.
To see Gabriel Iglesias ("Fluffy") perform, tickets are available via Ticketmaster and are also available for purchase between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Stephens Auditorium Ticket Office.
For more information, visit the Iowa State Center’s Web Page for Gabriel Iglesias’ tour.