The Iowa State Daily Media Group is looking for a high-capacity project manager ready to join a steadily growing creative services agency located on the Iowa State University campus in Ames, Iowa. This position is housed within the Iowa State Daily's sister company, Model Farm (www.model-farm.com).
What is the Iowa State Daily Media Group?
We’re a student-run, professionally managed media company committed to providing excellent experiential learning opportunities for students at Iowa State University.
We’re made up of two student-run media companies:
- The Iowa State Daily (the Iowa State University campus newspaper, est. 1890)
- Model Farm (a creative services agency, est. 2015)
This position would project manage Model Farm students and the photo, video, graphic design, and writing projects they produce for businesses, campus departments, and nonprofits located throughout Iowa and the United States.
Our Top Candidate
We need a smart, detail-oriented “do-er” to manage these projects and the team creating them. You’ll work closely with Model Farm’s director as your supervisor, as well as the general manager for the Iowa State Daily Media Group. We work as a team around here, but we need someone in this position who can self-manage, see work that needs to be done, and do it.
- 2+ years of experience in project management or related field
- Attention to detail and deadlines an absolute must
- Customer service and student-oriented management skills
- Ability to operate and manage projects in a start-up environment
- Comfort with and ability to navigate new tracking and workflow systems
- Working knowledge of Adobe software, primarily InDesign and Photoshop
- Ability to assist in art direction
- Knowledge of the print industry and language used in print estimates
- Knowledge of videography and photography helpful
- Manages Model Farm projects from start to finish, including:
- Student talent time management
- Project management tracking system updates
- Estimate building and billing
- Serves as primary liaison between Model Farm and our vendor partners
- Develops and enforces student staffing schedules and workloads
- Takes big, conceptual ideas and breaks them down into tasks and responsibilities
What We’re Looking For – Personality That Slays
We’re here to provide our students with an awesome learning experience that not only mirrors a professional environment, but also necessitates it. The pressures associated with this position are that of any creative services agency. But with a professional staff of six and a student staff of 20, we also expect a lot out of our students. We’re training them each and every day to not only be talented, sought-after adults, but also good people. Forgiveness, fun, and flexibility are parts of the job, so we work hard to hire people who can roll with and jump into any situation (and eat lots of pizza).
What We Give in Return
- An extremely competitive benefits package
- A brand-new modern office space overlooking campus, Lake Laverne, and the Campanile
- The very best talent coming out of Iowa State University under your command for teaching, growing, and mentoring
How To Apply
Please submit resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com.