IMG_0354.jpg

Redshirt sophomore Jarrett Degen wrestles Tyshawn Williams during the Iowa State vs SIU-Edwardsville match in Stephens Auditorium Nov. 11. The Cyclones won nine of the ten matches over the Cougars. 

The Cyclones wrapped up their road trip with a win over West Virginia 36-3. 

Iowa State started the road trip with a 29-17 win over Rider on Thursday. Against the Mountaineers, the Cyclones won nine of 10 matches.

Iowa State wasted no time building a lead on Sunday. Willie Miklus picked up a pin at 197-pounds.

IMG_0648.jpg

Redshirt Senior Willie Miklus wrestles Christian Dulaney durring the Iowa State vs SIU-Edwarsville match in Stephens Auditorium Nov. 11. The Cyclones won nine of the ten matches over the Cougars.

After Miklus, a flurry of decisions came in Iowa State's favor. Heavyweight Gannon Gremmel, 125-pounder Alex Mackall, 133-pounder Austin Gomez and 141-pounder Ian Parker added decisions before intermission to push the Cyclone lead to 18-0.

After intermission, 149-pounder Jarrett Degen snagged a decision, and 157-pounder Chase Straw picked up a major decision, bumping the lead to 25-0.

The Mountaineers got on the board at 165-pounds when Iowa State's 165-pounder lost a 3-2 decision.

Iowa State got back into the win column with a pin from the Cyclones' 174-pounder Marcus Coleman. 

To close the dual, 184-pounder Sam Colbray picked up a 19-4 technical fall after a 16-point first period.