IMG_9098.JPG

Willie Miklus of Iowa State has his arm lifted in victory after defeating Oklahoma's Jake Woodley.

Iowa State lost its final dual of the season on Sunday night by a score of 23-15.

Redshirt sophomore Gannon Gremmel started the dual against freshman Zach Elam at heavyweight, and after a long overtime that went to seven periods, Gremmel notched a takedown to seal it and give Iowa State a 3-0 lead.

Redshirt sophomore Alex Mackall followed up Gremmel’s win with a win of his own at 125-pounds over redshirt freshman Dack Punke, which extended the Cyclone lead to 6-0.

At 133-pounds, redshirt freshman Austin Gomez didn’t fare as well. Redshirt senior John Erneste put on a dominating performance with a win by technical fall that nearly erased the Cyclone lead.

Redshirt sophomore Ian Parker lost his 141-pound match to No. 4 Jaydin Eierman by a late fall in the second period. Missouri took an 11-6 lead.

Redshirt sophomore Jarrett Degen added another win for the Cyclones by 11-4 decision at 149-pounds and sent it to intermission with an 11-9 Missouri lead.

After intermission, 157-pound redshirt junior Chase Straw was defeated by freshman Jarrett Jacques by 5-2 decision.

Freshman Logan Schumacher lost a close battle at 165-pounds with redshirt junior Connor Flynn, which pushed the Missouri lead to 17-9.

IMG_5281.jpg

Redshirt sophomore Gannon Gremmel takes down redshirt freshman Tate Orndorff during the heavy weight matchup of the Iowa State vs Utah Valley dual meet Feb. 3 in Hilton Coliseum. Gremmel won by fall at 6 minutes and 31 seconds and the Cyclones defeated the Wolverines 53-0 overall.

At 174-pounds, No. 2 Daniel Lewis of Missouri was able to pin Coleman in the first period to secure the dual win for the Tigers and extending their lead to 23-9.

Redshirt sophomore Samuel Colbray fended off numerous attacks from redshirt junior Dylan Wisman at 184-pounds to win by 3-2 decision.

At 197-pounds, redshirt senior Willie Miklus toppled redshirt sophomore Wyatt Koelling by 4-0 decision.