Iowa State Drake Relays -4937.jpg

Then-Iowa State freshman Cailie Logue runs the third leg of the 4x1600 at the Drake Relays. Logue and the Cyclones finished in second place with a time of 19:26.25.

Iowa State track and field competed at the Stanford Invitational Friday in Stanford, California.

Cyclone freshman Keira Christie-Gall finished first in the women’s 100-meter hurdle finals. Her time claimed the Iowa State record for the event by running a time of 13.28 (.2 seconds faster than her preliminary time).

Her teammate freshman Kaylyn Hall placed sixth with a time of 13.84.  Freshman Katarina Vlahovic and sophomore Emily Coghill were kept out of the top nine in the preliminaries and did not advance to the finals.

The next event was the women’s 1500-meter race. This event ran in seven different sections. In section six, junior Gwynne Wright finished in sixth place with a time of 4:28.21. Shortly after in the fourth section, her senior teammate Erinn Stenman-Fahey placed second in 4:24.98.

Sophomore Cailie Logue finished fifth in the 5000-meter race in a time of 15:40.33. She was under six seconds behind first place Jessica Hull from Oregon (15:34.93).

For the last event Friday, the Cyclones then placed 17th (Amanda Vestri) and 21st (Anne Frisbie) in the 10,000-meter race. Both athletes surpassed their personal bests for this event; Vestri beat her personal record by a margin of 2:30 and Hall by just over 45 seconds.

The Cyclones finish this meet Saturday in Stanford with other running and relay events.