bball13.jpg

Members of the Iowa State women’s basketball team meet with Coach Bill Fennelly in between quarters during the game against the Winona State Warriors at Hilton Coliseum on Nov. 4. The Cyclones won 73-39.

Iowa State made a splash in the transfer market on Monday, adding a former top-50 recruit in the class of 2018.

The Cyclones announced Lindsey Jarosinski, who spent this past season playing for Wake Forest, will be transferring to Iowa State this upcoming season. Jarosinski will have to sit out the 2019-20 season due to NCAA transfer rules, but will be eligible to play for three years beginning in the 2020-21 season.

When Jarosinski does become eligible, the Cyclones figure to get a high-level player. Jarosinski was ranked 44th nationally by Blue Star Basketball coming out of high school, and her signing now gives the Cyclones two top-50 recruits from the class of 2018 (freshman guard Ashley Joens being the other).

What the Cyclones will also be getting some much need size in the low post. At 6-feet-5, Jarosinski, who hails from Medinah, Ill., Jarosinski would have been the tallest player on the Cyclones by at least two inches had she been with the team this past season.

In her first year at the collegiate level, Jarosinski appeared in 27 games for Wake Forest, averaging 9.1 minutes per game. However, Jarosinski didn't appear much in the stat sheet for the Demon Deacons, averaging roughly 1.4 points and 1.8 rebounds per game.