golf

Iowa State's Nattapan Siritrai uses time to get in practice at the Cyclones Golf Performance Center.

The Iowa State women's golf team has work to do to make the NCAA Championships after posting a team score of 7-over-par 295 in day one at the Madison Regional. 

The top six teams in each regional after all three days will qualify for the NCAA Championships, which will be held from May 18 to May 23 in Stillwater, Oklahoma. Iowa State is currently in a tie for 10th place with Old Dominion, five shots behind sixth place Wisconsin at 2-over-par.

golf - Amelia

Freshman Amelia Grohn practices at the Cyclones golf practice facility. 

The Cyclones were led by senior Celia Barquin Arozamena and freshman Alanna Campbell, who both shot one-over-par 73s. Both golfers are in a tie for 20th on the individual leaderboard, six shots behind the leaders. 

The Cyclones also counted scores from junior Chayanit Wangmahaporn, who fired a 2-over-par 74, and sophomore Amelia Grohn, who finished with a 3-over-par 75. 

Senior Nattapan Siritrai fired a 6-over-par 78 to round out the scoring for the Cyclones. 

Action will resume Tuesday at 8 a.m. from University Ridge Golf Course in Verona, Wisconsin.