volleyball12.jpg

Right side Eleanor Holthaus spikes the ball during the volleyball game against University of Oklahoma at Hilton Coliseum on Oct. 3. The Cyclones lost 3-1.

In four sets, Iowa State was able to takedown Kansas State in Manhattan, Kansas.

Kansas State is winless in Big 12 play.

Iowa State took the first and second set 25-19 and 25-23, respectively. Kansas State took the third set 25-21 before Iowa State took the fourth set 25-16.

Iowa State's attack thrives

volleyball2.jpg

Defensive specialist Izzy Enna serves the ball during the volleyball game against University of Oklahoma at Hilton Coliseum on Oct. 3. The Cyclones lost 3-1.

In the game, the Cyclones recorded a .379 hitting percentage which is the second highest percentage of season for the team.

In a loss against No. 4 Texas on Saturday, Iowa State hit a .302 percentage which was the first time Iowa State hit over .300 since August.

This is the first time Iowa State has had back to back games hitting over .300 this season.

In the first set, Iowa State had a .484 hitting percentage and in the fourth set they had .500 hitting percentage.

During the match, the lowest hitting percentage in a set was the third which was a .250 percentage.

Individually, Grace Lazard lead all players with 17 kills and a scorching .625 hitting percentage.

Jess Schaben and Josie Herbst chipped in 14 and 13 kills, respectively.

Lazard takes over

volleyball15.jpg

Middle blocker Grace Lazard spikes the ball during the volleyball game against University of Oklahoma at Hilton Coliseum on Oct. 3. The Cyclones lost 3-1.

In addition to leading all players in kills and hitting percentage, Lazard led all players with seven block assists and added a serving ace.

Lazard accounted for 27% of Iowa State's kills during the match

The team as a whole had 12 blocks which indicates Lazard was apart of 29% of Iowa State's blocks.

Since Iowa State's losing streak started, Piper Mauck said Lazard had been bringing the team together in an effort to end the teams skid.

Iowa State's losing streak ends

volleyball14.jpg

Right side Eleanor Holthaus (left) and middle blocker Candelaria Herrera (right) block a ball from University of Oklahoma players during the volleyball game at Hilton Coliseum on Oct. 3. The Cyclones lost 3-1.

With the win against Kansas State, Iowa State was able to end a four-game losing streak which dropped Iowa State to below .500 for the first time in a decade.

During the streak, Iowa State fell to Baylor, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and finally Texas.

After the win, Iowa State currently has a 9-10 record and a win against 11-5 TCU, which is a home game, will push Iowa State back to .500