Three members of the Iowa State volleyball team received good news on Tuesday.

vball14.jpg

Members of the Iowa State volleyball team celebrate scoring a point during their game against Kansas State at Hilton Coliseum on Oct. 26. The Cyclones won 3-1.

Jess Schaben, Grace Lazard and Piper Mauck earned American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) All-Midwest Region honors Tuesday afternoon.

Schaben isn't foreign to the accomplishment of making the All-Midwest team, having already been recognized for three straight seasons. 

Schaben's award shelf is starting to get crowded. Her four year career at Iowa State has seen her take home a collection of AVCA All-Midwest team and All-Big 12 first team awards. The AVCA has recognized Schaben's accomplishments at Iowa State from the very beginning.

fullsizeoutput_1b9d.jpeg

#14 Jess Schaben prepares to fire the ball over the net Friday night. Schaben is a senior outside hitter for the Cyclones this year. 

After the end of her freshman season, the AVCA awarded her Midwest Freshman of the Year.

Schaben has led the offense for the Cyclones this year, averaging 4.04 kills per set and second on the team with 2.93 digs per frame. 

Lazard's senior year hasn't been too shabby either.

volleyball15.jpg

Middle blocker Grace Lazard spikes the ball during the volleyball game against University of Oklahoma at Hilton Coliseum on Oct. 3. The Cyclones lost 3-1.

Lazard received her first AVCA award of her career by averaging 2.84 kills per set at a team-best .384 hitting percentage. Lazard has also racked up 126 kills so far this season — her second straight season with over 100-blocks.

Mauck, the 6-foot-1 setter for the Cyclones, took home her first career award from the AVCA as an honorable mention recipient. 

fullsizeoutput_1b61.jpeg

Piper Mauck sets the ball to her teammates in a game against Kansas State Friday night. Muack is a sophomore setter for the Cyclone team this year. The Cyclones won 3-1.

Mauck and her average of 11 assists per set has allowed the Cyclones to hit at a .250 clip as a team. The .250 hitting percentage is the third best team hitting percentage in program history.