vball12.jpg

Right side Eleanor Holthaus jumps to hit the ball towards Kansas State during the game at Hilton Coliseum on Oct. 26. The Cyclones won 3-1.

Iowa State volleyball finished up its spring schedule on Saturday with a 2-1 loss against Missouri followed by a 2-1 victory over Northern Iowa.

Against Missouri, the Cyclones put together a good first set and had two match points to put the Tigers away, but Missouri came back and took the set 29-27.

In the second, Iowa State had another set point with a 24-23 lead. This time they were able to put it away and set up the match for a third set.

The third set was close until a late Missouri run put them over the edge and gave the Tigers a 25-22 win in the decisive set.

Sophomore Eleanor Holthaus led the Cyclones with 10 kills.

Northern Iowa was next for Iowa State as the Cyclones shook off the tough loss earlier in the day.

The first set went as planned for Iowa State and it  stomped the Panthers 25-15.

The second saw Iowa State lose its ferocity. Northern Iowa grabbed the set 25-19, which evened the score for set No. 3.

vball2.jpg

Middle blocker Candelaria Herrera (left) and outside hitter Josie Herbst (right) jump to block the ball during the Iowa State vs. Kansas State volleyball game at Hilton Coliseum on Oct. 26. The Cyclones won 3-1.

In the third, the Cyclones found their stride again with a 25-18 win.

With that win, the spring season is over. Iowa State volleyball will be back in the fall.