Isu vs Baylor 1

Senior Grace Lazard serves during the second set in the Iowa State vs. Baylor  game on Sept. 22 in Hilton Coliseum. The Cyclones lost 2-3. 

On Tuesday, Iowa State coach Christy Johnson-Lynch announced senior middle blocker Grace Lazard was in the middle of serving a two-game suspension.

Johnson-Lynch did not comment on if the suspension was team or NCAA imposed, or on the details surrounding the suspension.

Prior to her suspension, Lazard had her best game of the season recording 17 kills, a .500 hitting percentage, five block assists and two solo blocks in a 3-1 win for Iowa State over Kansas State.

Lazard had already served her first game suspension vs. TCU, that resulted in a 3-1 loss for Iowa State.

The final game Lazard will be suspended will be Wednesday vs. Baylor, meaning Lazard will be eligible to play Saturday against West Virginia.

In Lazard's place at middle blocker against TCU, the team was forced to transition Eleanor Holthaus to middle blocker to pair with the only healthy or not suspended middle blocker left on the roster: Candelaria Herrera.

Herrera herself made the transition from outside hitter to middle blocker earlier this season.

In her first game at middle blocker, Holthaus had five kills, a .050 hitting percentage and three block assists.