drake relays-40.jpg

Iowa State sophomore Jasmine Staebler runs the third leg of the women's distance medley relay at the Drake Relays in Des Moines April 29, 2017. The Cyclones finished third with a time of 11:28.90.

Updated Story at 12:30 p.m. on March 11

Jhoanmy Luque is now a five-time First Team All-American and 10-time All-American as a Cyclone. Luque finishes fourth in the triple jump with a score of 44-10 3/4 (13.68m).

That score is a personal record for the Venezuelan. This rounds out the indoor season for the senior.

Original Story at 9:12 p.m. on March 9

The two Cyclones went head-to-head with the college best at the NCAA Indoor Championships today.

In the 800-meter, Jasmine Staebler just missed out by one spot for qualifying in the finals with a ninth-place finish and running to a 2:05.02 time. She will return to Ames as a Second-Team All-American.

Jhoanmy Luque

Iowa State's Jhoanmy Luque finishes ninth in the triple jump at the NCAA Indoor Track and Field Championships on March 11, 2017, in College Station, Texas. 

Jhoanmy Luque is now a nine-time All-American and four-time First Team All-American. Luque finished seventh in the women's long jump with a 6.26-meter jump. The Venezuelan will participate in the women’s triple jump tomorrow.