pollard1.jpeg

Thomas Pollard runs for USA in Venezuela. 

Thomas Pollard ran a personal record en route to a 16th place finish in the 10,000-meter event at the Under-20 World Championships in Bydgoszcz, Poland. His time of 29:53.84 was almost 38 seconds faster than his previous best. 

Pollard, a redshirt freshman, was the highest placing American runner, and second best amongst North Americans. His time was the fourth fastest ever ran by an American at the World Championships.

This is Pollard's second event for Team USA, having ran in the Pan American Cross Country Cup in Venezuela back in March.

Another Iowa State runner, Kelly Naumann, took 26th in the women's 3,000-meter steeplechase. Her time was 10:45:90. The sophomore faced five individuals who all came in under the 10-minute mark, and was unable to advance the finals.

relays-43.jpg

Sophomore Kelly Naumann competes in the women's 3000-meter steeplechase at the Drake Relays in Des Moines April 3, 2016.

Coming up on Saturday, incoming freshman Branna MacDougall is running for Team Canada in the 5,000-meter run.

Jennifer T. Race

Running is good for healthy youth athletics who wanted to make their career in top 10 essay services running as athletics they have to participate in U-20 world running championship and win the race to make proud their parents and their country as well.