golf8

Iowa State junior Celia Barquin warms up during practice. 

After a great first round, and an even more impressive second round, the Iowa State women's golf team showed that they have what it takes to win.

The team dropped their second round score by one to a 295, putting them in second place behind the University of Arkansas in the Lady Puerto Rico Classic. Iowa State's now sits five strokes behind the nationally ranked Arkansas team.

Putting up impressive numbers for the Cyclones and putting them in the top two spot, was senior Celia Barquin Arozamena. She shot a 71 in round two, improving her score by three strokes from round one and puts her in second place overall.

Chayanit Wangmahaporn had another strong round and continues to be a leader in this match. While her strokes increased from 72 to 76, Wangmahaporn is tied for eighth place. Alanna Campbell and Nattapan Siritrai contributed to the Cyclones second place standing by both shooting a 73 and 75 respectively in round two.

The Cyclones put themselves in great position to finish strongly in the Lady Puerto Rico Classic Tuesday.