soccer5.jpg

Forward Klasey Medelberg tries to control the ball after it was thrown in from the sidelines during the game against the University of Texas Longhorns at the Cyclone Sports Complex on Oct. 5. The Cyclones lost 2-1.

Following a tight loss to the Texas Longhorns on Friday afternoon, the Iowa State Cyclones (2-11-2, 0-4-1 Big 12) hosted the No. 24 Baylor Bears (11-4, 4-1 Big 12) on Sunday which resulted in another heartbreaking loss for the Cyclones as Baylor came out on top in the second overtime, 2-1. 

The Bears headed to Ames after beating the preseason No. 1 team in the Big 12, West Virginia, 1-0 in overtime in Morgantown, West Virginia. 

Iowa State created some early scoring opportunities in the first half with Brianna Curtis, Klasey Medelberg and Kassi Ginther nearly scoring for the Cyclones.

The Cyclones took five shots in the first half and had six corner kicks.

As the half went on, they began to create some scoring opportunities but they couldn't find the back of the net and Iowa State and Baylor were tied at halftime, 0-0. 

Goalkeeper Dayja Schwichtenberg shined in the first half for the Cyclones with six saves. Schwichtenberg had a career-high 10 saves on Sunday.

The Cyclones began the second half on the attack as sophomore Courtney Powell scored a goal off of a pass from senior Klasey Medelberg in the 48th minute. Powell now has three goals and Medelberg has three assists this season.

IMG_4009.jpg

Iowa State sophomore Courtney Powell kicks the ball into the goal for the first goal of the game against South Dakota State.

For the first 20 minutes of the second half, the Cyclones suffocated the Bears' offense and limited them to one shot attempt in that time span.

However, in the 69th minute, Giuliana Cunningham scored a goal off a corner kick to tie the game at one goal apiece.  

In the 89th minute, the Bears put a shot in the back of the net, but the goal was called off and the game headed to overtime. 

The Bears had a couple opportunities to score in the first overtime, but were unable to do so and the game went into a second overtime. 

Midway through the second overtime, Taylor Moon scored the game winning goal for the Bears, and Iowa State fell to 2-11-2 on the season.

Iowa State will host the West Virginia Mountaineers on Friday at 7 p.m. at Cyclones Sports Complex.

huong mai

I read all your articles.I guess you are a smart cookie because of your knowledge and insight.They are useful pieces of advice.
https://bit.ly/2QslLr4
https://autoketing.com/project/sale-pop-master, autoketing