Iowa State v Milwaukee 8.JPG

Freshman defender Taylor Bee running with the ball with a Milwaukee player chasing after her in the middle of the field in the Iowa State girls soccer game against the Milwaukee Panthers ending in a tough 3-2 loss on Sept. 9.

The Cyclone soccer team lost another close game on Sunday, and this time it was to Baylor.

Shots

Baylor may have put up 28 shots, but Iowa State finished the game with its highest shot total of conference play so far with ten.

This may not seem like much, but the Cyclone was engaged all game long. Two of Iowa State's shots were on goal, while Baylor had 12 of its shots require sophomore Dayja Schwichtenberg's attention.

Sophomore forward Courtney Powell led the team with four shots, and senior Klasey Medelberg and freshman Taylor Bee had two shots each.

Opfer scary moment

In the second half of play, redshirt junior midfielder Kasey Opfer came out of the game with an undisclosed injury. It's unclear on what the injury is.

Opfer has been a spark plug this season for the Cyclones but has been battling an injury to her right quadricep, and has been playing at less at than full strength.

She is tied for the team lead in goals, although all of her goals came before conference play started. The injuries have piled up for the Cyclones, and this would add another one to that long list.

ISU vs T.Tech soccer

Sophomore Kasey Opfer steals the ball from a player for Texas Tech during their match on October 22nd. 

Cyclones stay winless

Iowa State is still looking for their first conference win after the loss at home to the Bears. They're also winless in their last eight games, with their last win coming on Sept. 7 against Iowa.

The Big 12 conference is arguably the best soccer conference in the country, but the lack of success has frustrated the players. Iowa State is also winless in games outside of Ames for the entire season.

Next weekend, they have one home game against a very talented West Virginia team, but as they showed this weekend with Baylor, the Cyclones are keeping games close. The Cyclone players would no doubt like to end this losing streak and end their current frustration, but with only four games left, there is not much time to do it.